Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

.::3 Years & 40th Celebration::.

This cute guy & I celebrated 3 years of marriage on August 2nd. My little brother and sister were in town staying with us so we took them to Bananas Fun Park for some lazer tag, water boats, and mini golf before we left them at home with a movie and a pizza so we could go out! We went to dinner and over-indulged in yummy food and went and saw the movie Crazy, Stupid, Love. We really liked it! :)


Blake did not love the water boats. All the kids ganged up on him & he was soaked!
For our anniversary we don't usually give each other gifts but this year we decided to get a big gift & get a BBQ. However, I work all the time and we haven't been able to actually go buy it!
This year I also wanted to do something a little different and I made us a time capsule for us to open on our ten year anniversary. It was pretty fun to put together. We put in pictures of our day together & our apartment, we wrote each other letters, did an "All About Me" quiz, and put in little knick-knacks that kinda represent us and our last year together. I think it turned out pretty sweet and it will be fun to open in 7 years.

********************

My mom turned 40 on the 9th and we wanted to throw her a surprise party.
It was a lot of hard work since I live in Colorado and the party was in Utah but I think it turned out pretty great and I hope my mom enjoyed it!
I never realized all the work she puts into having family get togethers and after taking on such a huge project I can't believe she single-handly does it mulitple times a year!
I can tell you now I don't plan on doing surprise parties in the near future.
But all the hard work was worth it. The place looked great, we had good food, and great company!

Her cake was made by Erica Dixon at Purple Paisley Designs and I think she did a great job and made the cake the exact way I had it in my head! Also surrounding the cake we had cupcakes that matched...it was pretty cute...if I do say so myself!
The birthday girl!
Love you mom! Blake & I appreciate all the wonderful things
you do for us and are so grateful for you!

No comments: