Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, April 21, 2012

.::22 Weeks & Baby Essentials::.


How far along? 22 weeks 6 days
Maternity clothes? Nope
Stretch marks? Not yet
Sleep: Still a bad sleeper
Best moment this week: Hearing her heartbeat at my doctors appointment and Blake can sometimes feel her kick! :o)
Miss Anything? Sleep & only working 40 hours a week... :(
Movement? Her kicks are getting stronger! She loves to really kick when I am working out!
Food cravings: Chocolate milk...yumm!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No
Have you started to show yet? Yes
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Our vacation in May to California, and for Blake's semester to be over!

We were able to go back to Utah over Easter weekend! I am so glad we did! We haven't had Easter with our families in 4 years so it was fun! I was able to go see my friends new baby and catch up with some friends at lunch and Blake loved playing tennis with family and eating at buffets haha. Baby K got our usual share of Easter baskets this year with clothes and a baby swing. She's already getting spoiled and she has 18 weeks left in the womb.

 This isn't one of her Easter gifts but something I ordered through a friend! Now Baby K will be ready to cheer on the Cougs with her daddy!! Blake loves it!!
I have started my baby registry and boy can it be overwhelming! I have no idea whats best for what and if something I get is just a total waste of money because it isn't essential. So I am calling out to all mothers who had there favorite baby item that they couldn't live without and that I shouldn't live without. Because I have no clue what I am doing! :) Also, I decided to stalk up on baby diapers...so I don't run out one day and be in a complete panic with a baby who just had a blow out. I am wondering how long everyone elses babies stayed in Newborn, Size 1 & 2 diapers...so that info. will help also! :))

5 comments:

Daniel and Andrea said...

Stocking up on diapers is a smart idea. Just don't open more than one package at a time. Babies grow fast and whatever diapers you don't use in one size you can always return unopened ones to the store for the next size up.

M & T Peterson said...

Size 2 seems to be the size that my kids settle in for awhile. Newborn diapers usually only last my kids two weeks and then they're ready for a bigger size. My favorite thing is a good swaddling blanket. The Aden & Anais blankets at Target are my favorite.

Jannifer said...

You look so cute! I wish I could rub your belly. haha Well I have no answers or advice, but hopefully you can pass on whatever you learn when we have kids!

McKell said...

i freaking HATE returning things and am a baby about it so if you are the same way...

don't buy any new born diapers- they give you a pack at the hospital (which you take home) and they only fit up to 10 lb (which is how big some newborns are). If you have a smallish baby you can get some later if you need them, if you have a bigger baby you can just use the size 1's and fold down the front.

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

You are so smart to stock up on diapers! It's hard to know with newborn size diapers because like Mckell said, they only go up to 10lbs and some babies are born that big. Crew was in newborns longer than 1's and 2's. I would only buy a couple boxes of 1's and 2's and get more as you need them. I would stock up on 3's though, they are in size 3 for at least year or so, and your baby will be big enough for 3's before you know it! Also, different packages of diapers have more in them. Like Huggies "Snug and Dry" have about 6 more diapers in every package then the "Little Movers" packages do for the same price and I like them just as well. I also love Aiden and Anis!!! It's the only way to go. You can order them online or Target has a small line of them. My favorite are the bamboo ones. Good luck! You look great!