Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

.::28 Weeks, Hello, 3rd Trimester!::.

We had a great vacation! I did not want to come back to work! I mean after 2 weeks off would you want to come back to work to work 3 12's, a 9, and then an 11 hour shift in row? Nope! We spent 2 days in St. George, one of those days Blake went golfing with his brother, and I went to the movies with my sister-in-law and kiddies. When we got to Cali we spent 2 days at Disneyland, a day at Sea World, and a day at Universal Studios and Blake and I were able to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins in Lakewood. We were constantly going that by the end of the night we were pooped! I had no idea kids could have energy from 7 a.m. til about midnight! We had so much fun though and it was fun to be with Blake's brothers and their families. I was a little nervous being pregnant and having bad ankles to go to amusement parks all day but I actually did really well and my doctor was pretty awesome and said I could ride any ride I wanted as long as there wasn't a bar that came across my belly and could hit me. And she also trusted that I would be there with 3 nurse practitioners so I was in good hands!
We spent 4 days in Utah since my aunts from Australia were there visiting! We were welcomed with a ridiculous and I mean RIDICULOUS amount of baby clothes and gifts. She is so spoiled but we are thankful for our loving family and how excited they are for us. She honestly doesn't need any more clothes until after she is 6 months old.

How far along? 28 Weeks
Total weight gain: ?
Stretch marks? None yet.
Sleep: On vacation I slept pretty good since I was worn out from being at amusement parks all day but now that I am back home it's the normal tossing and turning and keeping Blake up because of it.
Best moment this week: We bought her blessing dress!! :o) And I took my glucose test, which is not bad at all, and I am assuming since I haven't heard my doctors office that  I passed?!
Miss Anything? Sleep
Movement: Lots of movement. When we were at Disneyland, some of the rides are so loud that she would go crazy kicking because there was so much going on.
Food cravings: I have to kick my sugar cravings! After being on vacation and eating anything I want all I want is fatty foods...
Symptoms: I got my 2nd leg cramp this pregnancy! Oowweee! :( So not fun!!
Labor Signs: No
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: We haven't done anything to prepare for her arrival and we have quite the list to do, so that.

This is kinda random and may be personal but does/has anyone use/d a breast pump?? If so, manual vs. electric? Single vs. Double? And what brand? I figured no one would probably buy me one (kinda a weird gift to maybe give someone..?) so I'm looking for one.

6 comments:

The Blacks said...

Breast pump. If you have the money get a really good medlea one. They run anywhere from150 to300 dollars. I have a maual one I got when I had Brinlee. It is a medela and it worked fine for me when I needed it. If I could I would get an electric one especially at first when you milk hasn't come in yet. It really speeds up the process. I rented one from the hospital after I had chandler and it was awesome. Good luck.

Stephanie said...

Electric double!! Hands down the BEST purchase I have ever made! It has saved me from pain when you're too full of milk, it has helped me with my milk coming in and with Brighton when I had to pump for the first month cause he couldn't figure out how to latch on. Def worth 300$

Chelsie said...

I second everything in Stephanie's comment. If you are planning on breastfeeding it will be one of, if not THE most important purchase you make. It is worth every penny.

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

A pump is one area I would spend a little bit of money in! I would get a double electric pump, especially if you plan on going back to work! A good pump will also help you bring in your milk quicker and help you establish a good milk supply! I would get online to babycenter.com and read as much as you can about nursing. That will help you understand it and be more confident with it because it can be a little challenging at times! I have the Medela Pump In Style and it's great!!

The Finlinsons said...

I don't have a breast pump...and I only tried one once and gave up quickly because I just couldn't figure it out.

But I was going to comment on the pack n play. Its been my lifesaver. I actually don't use cribs, just a pack n play. I liked having one that didn't go all the way to the ground for the first while because I'm short and putting my baby down gently at such a far distance was rough (but you're MUCH taller than me and may not have this problem). But Leila STILL sleeps in a pack n play (which I'll be switching to a toddler bed really soon). But it was SUPER awesome if you travel quite a bit. Just fold it up and go...you always have a bed for baby. I say two thumbs WAY up for pack n plays.

p.s. It was so nice to see you the other day! We need to set up some VT for next month and maybe bring you some fatty foods to enjoy. :)

M & T Peterson said...

I don't love to pump. I have a cheap one and use it only if I have to. ;) I've heard good things about the Medela. If I had to get one that would be it.