Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, August 16, 2012

.::39 Weeks::.

How far along? 39 Weeks & 4 Days, Holy Moly! Baby is the size of a mini melon...and so are my ankles from the water retention! Haha.
Total weight gain: 29 lbs.
Stretch marks? Yep
Sleep: The usual
Best moment this week: Going to my doctors appointment and hearing that I am dialated to a 3 and 70% effaced :-)
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my tummy
Movement: She still moves a lot!
Food cravings: Nothing really in particular
Symptoms: Retaining water! Braxton Hicks (not painful), and nether region pressure (a little bothersome/painful)
Labor Signs: I guess..contractions, but nothing consistent
Belly Button in or out? In
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy
Looking forward to: Meeting this baby and holding her in our arms!!!


I started making headband stuff to decorate Miss K's head with. These are just a few that I made.
We went to the David Nail concert here in GJ with some friends. It was fun, even though we didn't really know his songs, people watching was the best. At first baby was scaling the walls of my stomach cause I think the noise freaked her out but after the second song she just started kicking to the beat.

I don't know if I mentioned before that my dad left for Kenya last Thursday for a humanitarian trip with his job. The stopped in Paris for a day or two before heading to Kenya! The pictures he has sent are amazing, I am pretty jealous. When he was booking his trip with the travel agent he told her to make his itinerary like the rest of the people in his group, finding out later that they had decided to stay a few extra days for a safari trip and not coming back until August 25th and potentially missing the birth of his first grand baby. I have prepared myself to go late with this pregnancy since it is my first and I haven't had any complications but for some reason earlier this week I was really weepy knowing that my dad could miss this. I am super close to him and even though he wouldn't be in the delivery room or anything it still makes me sad. We will see how my body progresses but like I mentioned earlier I am dialated to a 3 already and pretty thinned out. Come Monday, I will see what the next step is, unless I go into labor before. Luckily, I know either way my dad will see her very shortly after birth, so in reality, all is fine. :-)

4 comments:

Melanie! said...

I can't believe your baby is almost here! I've been following your blog since the beginning of your pregnancy...I can't even remember how I came across it - probably pinterest! I just recently found out that we're expecting our first little one - super excited! I was wondering if before you found out the gender - if any old wives tales worked for you... everyone has me believing this one that I've never heard of... if you add the mother's age at the time of conception + the year of conception and the answer is even it means girl, if its odd, it means boy. So of course I've tried it on everyone I know, and it's right...so that would be I would be expecting a GIRL! Does that one work for you???

Good luck with your delivery! I can't wait to see pictures of Baby K! :)

Daniel and Savannah Jensen said...

The bows you made are adorable! Good luck with everything now that the date is so close. Sorry about your dad, that would be hard :(

Thomas and Amanda Provstgaard said...

You are so close!!! I'm so excited for you! Good luck!!

Blake and La-Shana Francom said...

@Melanie: I just added mine up and it was odd, so I guess the old wives tale didn't work for me. Unless in the next week this baby comes out and surprises us and is a boy!