Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

.::Miss Keilani Lee's Debut::.

Our princess arrived August 20th at 4:20 p.m. I was due Sunday the 19th and up until then I hadn't had any contractions. On Sunday, I was having them but they weren't painful and they were 15 minutes apart. I went to church and got a ton of pity looks and comments which annoyed me more then anything but I put a smile on my face. Later on we had friends over for cake for Blake's birthday and watched Hunger Games, during the movie my contractions got to 5 minutes apart so at 11 p.m. we went to L&D to get monitored. I was still at a 3 and 70% thinned out and they sent me home at 2 a.m. I couldn't sleep cause the contractions got stronger but got up at 6:30 to make lunch for Blake since it was the first day of school/student teaching. After he left I started cleaning to stay busy until my doctors appointment at 10 but by 9 my contractions started to really hurt and I thought my water broke so I called Blake and drove to the hospital, not very smart when in labor but luckily I live close and got there safely. Once I got there they checked me and said I was at a 5. Blake got there, I got a blessing, and I got my FIRST, yes first, epidural when I was at a 6. I say first because it didn't work and I went to a 10 which nada, let's just say it was not pleasant and I'm sure my friend Erica who was there with us may never have kids because she saw/heard the pain I was in. The doctor gave me my second epidural and life was good after. I couldn't feel a thing and since I was at a 10 they decided to just let baby's head descend furthur down itself and I napped for a hour waiting for my mom and Keila to arrive. They got there and 10 minutes later I started pushing and 20 minutes later our sweet girl arrived! My friend Erica did birth story pics for me and I can't wait to see them. Until then...some pics from my phone.2








5 comments:

Aubree Roberts said...

I'm so proud of you mama!! You guys did great! She's absolutely gorgeous!! Baby boy is totally going to fall in love with her! I'm sorry the first epidural didn't work and you had to go through so much pain! Glad the second one worked though and your mom and Keila got there in time! Can't wait to meet her! Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Hailey. said...

She is beautiful! I am so happy for you!!

Jannifer said...

It was so fun reading this! Glad everything went well and you have a beautiful baby girl. I love the pic of her in her yellow pants, so cute. Can't wait to meet her in person!

Tessa D'Angelo said...

So beautiful! Congrats on your little princess! My little man was born on the 27th of August (which coincidentally is my birthday!) Im a new follower here and I love your blog. :)

The McKennas said...

She is absolutely perfect you guys! Congratulations! Love the pictures, dont be afraid to be the mom who posts millions, I know I'm not! haha